DrupalCamp Lisbon 2011 Apache Solr Presentation
Today I presented Apache Solr in Drupalcamp Lisbon 2011 (Twitter #dclx11)
I'd like to share the example module I wrote to use the apache solr API more efficiently + the slides I used to support it. An example module for ApacheSolr Module does not exist yet but maybe this is a good start. Please comment on this to see if you have improvements.
The module has been split up in different files serving different purposes (theme, functions, hooks).
Note: I use some ugly menu_alter hacks to allow a custom apachesolr menu callback but this is not the main goal.
Also I'd be more than happy to explain you any question you would have concerning this implementation/example
What the slides can tell you is how Drupal search works and which alternatives you have for using search.
Also it addresses a lot of technical issues like caching and customizing but I would like to forward you to the session page if you also want to have the audio (will be uploaded soon)
Also included (see below, or if you are using RSS to read this click on this article to see it!) is the example module I used. The example site also had apachesolr_ubercart installed.
More like this
- Nick_vh: Slides + Module of #ApacheSolr #dclx11 #drupal now online http://www.nickveenhof.be/blog/drupalcamp-lisbon-2011-apache-solr-presentation
- Nick_vh: RT @drupal_pt: Have you checked our brand new and beautiful website? Don't miss DrupalCamp Lisbon 2011! http://bit.ly/en3o2n #dclx11
- Nick_vh: RT @perusio: If you proposed a session for DrupalCamp Lisbon 2011. March 6th we'll notify you regarding acceptance of your session(s). #...
- Nick_vh: Will also present at #drupalcamp Lisbon #dclx11 http://bit.ly/hMjLu1 All about #apachesolr and more! Stay tuned;-) #drupal
- Nick_vh: Put my presentation from #drupalcampspain about Apache Solr online http://bit.ly/d8SbwD #drupal